Appendix A

When I first read Appendix A, it felt like a history lesson to me. This chapter has shown me how much the internet improved over the years even though there were some things that I did not fully understand. When the chapter started to show information regarding IP addresses and how the octet can have values of nine zeros or ones, I was completely lost, but it was something that I will eventually be able to learn. Personally, reading about the different cables and how those affect the transmission speed for sending information made me think I was in an engineering class. I am glad that wireless networks became a thing because it has made using the internet faster and easier. I do believe that wireless networks are more powerful than wired connections because I have experienced it before while at college. There were computers at the college I used that had a wired connection and it felt annoying to deal with the slow internet speed those ran on. Since I started going to college, I have gained some basic knowledge of how to use the computer. Some of the stuff I learned in this chapter became somewhat of a review to me thanks to all the courses I took over these few years, but I am grateful to know this information because it is related to my major. I am majoring in Integrated Media Design which focuses on using the Adobe software to create several different projects that businesses can use in the future. Last semester, I took a class called Web Page Design where I learned how to use the CSS Designer components in Adobe Dreamweaver to code a website together. When I first started this class, I understood that any file added to a site can affect how fast the site will open. Reading about the transmission times for each kind of file gave me a clearer understanding of which kinds will take faster or slower to load.

Next

Appendix A Chapter One Chapter Two Chapter Three Chapter Four
Chapter Five Chapter Six Chapter Seven Chapter Nine Chapter Ten