Chapter Seven

I did not know that last-generation wireless networks can transmit data that slow considering that I was introduced to mobile devices around the fourth-generation network. I can imagine using phones before the third-generation network would be tedious and boring with texting being the only thing to do with no option to send and share photos. I am glad that I was born around the time that phones in the third-generation networks were introduced because if I had to put up with slow transmission speeds and a lack of interactivity with a phone, then I would not have wanted to take the Integrated Media Design major if that was the case. From what I read in the first section of this module, I can admit that Bluetooth devices would be more protective than any of the applications that offer personalization to different programs because if an application allowing wide range customization of someone’s property is given access to a server, then there would be a high chance of a hacker getting the information and the person can get robbed. The only problem with Bluetooth devices is that the audio is delayed when watching videos on YouTube which I believe might be because of the slow transfer rate that Bluetooth electronics have. Personally, I just use Bluetooth when I listen to music in the car since it replaces the radio and all the overplayed songs that it plays. The second part of this module is rather a review from the previous chapter when it was referencing the encryption keys and man-in-the-middle attacks. I am aware of how security protocols are determined upon what number key the person uses, but considering there is a strong difference in how Wi-Fi Protected Access protocols are by the strength of the key, then using Wired Equivalent Privacy protocols are worthless because of the weak encryption it has. One thing that caught my attention in this section was about the term wardriving since I never would have imagined that such an action would be real. It is funny, but I doubt that anyone would even bother to attempt to do this where I live considering that I am in a town that feels more dead than any other city in this state. There was information regarding autoconnect, but I cannot understand why there are people out in the world who use this feature when it is bound to backfire at some point. Autoconnect is one of those that I never use, especially when it involves saving a password for an account.

Previous Next

Appendix A Chapter One Chapter Two Chapter Three Chapter Four
Chapter Five Chapter Six Chapter Seven Chapter Nine Chapter Ten