Chapter Two

When I was growing up, I never had to deal with the hassle of creating an email account to receive messages from individuals or companies. It is unfortunate to me nowadays how every person and business has started to rely on emails mostly because of the unnecessary panic related to the coronavirus back in 2020. As much as I do not want to email someone, I have to for the classes I am taking in case there is a question that I might ask. What I cannot stand from emails is getting spam mail almost every day in a week that I constantly need to block even though another piece of junk mail will just appear the next day. I know one of the things I can do is to create multiple email accounts to lessen the amount of spam mail, but I find it hard to believe that doing so would solve the problem. If only the CAN-SPAM Act was strong enough to make unsolicited commercial emails fully illegal to the public so that I would never have to be harassed online ever again. There were some rare instances when I had to use my Google account to save or submit some previous work back in my earlier classes. One instance is when I had an assignment for the Online, Social Media, and Web course back about a couple of years ago and I had to transfer some video files from my phone onto one of the computers at the college. I had to use Google Drive in order to move the files over and it was easy to do. Another instance took place in a class I gained new experience with and that was WordPress. At the end of the class, I had to submit the full designed website and I needed to email the link of the assignment onto Gmail to the instructor. If the worst scenarios might come in the future, then I might have to get used to properly using my Google account more often.

Previous Next

Appendix A Chapter One Chapter Two Chapter Three Chapter Four
Chapter Five Chapter Six Chapter Seven Chapter Nine Chapter Ten