Chapter Five

I may not use many communication methods, but I am aware of the ongoing increase of people relying on both push and pull technologies when everything is available online. Back then, it was not common for companies to post information regarding news stories on the web when individuals could just buy a newspaper for about a dollar and have plenty of topics to read. Nowadays, people can view several topics on multiple websites including ones listed on local news stations and college campuses. To me, I do not see any innovation from this new strategy that businesses use considering that some tend to be biased especially when it is about politics. It is not just all the news corporations that are biased, it is even podcast companies and directors as well, and the problem has gotten worse when businesses are constantly trying to be diverse even though they are ruining what many have grown used to. This is why I take everything, including news, with a grain of salt to make sure that the piece of media I view is considered accurate. Texting has become commonplace around the world, and it continues to improve the capabilities of what many can do to communicate with one another. I found it interesting how a single text message can be worth less than a hundred and forty characters long even though I thought it would be worth more nowadays. What I have gotten used to doing whenever I am texting is using acronyms to shorten the length of what I want to say since it makes texting easier for me to do. As much as I would share photos with any of my friends, I try to avoid doing so in case someone gains access to my photos and I lose my entire gallery. One thing I am glad that I do not have to deal with whenever I text is becoming a victim to cyberbullying since I chat with only my friends and family. Also, I do not intend to use any blogs because I believe those are the kinds of communication networks that leave users vulnerable to cyberbullying even if someone did nothing wrong.

Previous Next

Appendix A Chapter One Chapter Two Chapter Three Chapter Four
Chapter Five Chapter Six Chapter Seven Chapter Nine Chapter Ten