Chapter One

A lot of the content that I read about in Chapter 1 became knowledge that I have experienced since I started college. Creating tabs, refreshing pages, and using the back and forward buttons turned out to be second nature for me because I did those actions constantly. Last semester during my Web Page Design class, I even managed to get a basic understanding of how HTML is capable of using anchor tags to create hypertext links that interconnect multiple HTML documents together. Taking that previous class is the main reason why I signed up for this course, so that I can get more information on how to create a website. One of the things that I learned in this chapter that caught my attention was knowing how a URL is addressed considering I never understood what each part of it meant until now. Before taking this class, I did understand what the different protocols were, but knowing about the third and fourth parts of the URL, specifically the path for the folder or computer that the file resides on and the file name, helped me understand the purpose of each connected part. Throughout my life, the main browser that I have used for the longest time is Google Chrome since I have grown used to opening it over the years. Some of the features on a browser such as a bookmark or a personal home page I never bother using in case my computer gets hacked. If I knew that using the address bar known as the omnibox on Chrome could be used as a calculator, I would have easily used that to complete my math classes. One nice thing that I like on Chrome that I found unique is the translation tool because it helps me browse websites that appear in a different language since I tend to get a lot of interest in Japanese media. Even though there are other browsers like Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox, I honestly have more comfort using Google Chrome because I am given bigger control of using it to its full potential.

Previous Next

Appendix A Chapter One Chapter Two Chapter Three Chapter Four
Chapter Five Chapter Six Chapter Seven Chapter Nine Chapter Ten